Last week, the White House said the National Security Council, the White House counsel office and President Trump adviser Elon Musk were all looking into the mishap. But now, that probe has wrapped
When Donald Trump selected Mike Waltz to serve as national security adviser, the choice was widely seen as win-win: A combat veteran with four Bronze Stars would bring his judgment to the White House and his deep-red Florida House district was safe in Republican hands.
There are plenty of lingering questions about the "Signalgate" fiasco. Donald Trump and his team are apparently no longer interested in getting answers.
Rep. Ro Khanna joins The Lead
The White House on Monday said it was “moving forward” from the fallout surrounding the leak of sensitive military plans to a journalist in a Signal group chat among top administration officials—even as some Republicans push for an independent investigation.
The White House said Monday it has concluded its review into how a journalist was added to a Signal message group chat, as high-ranking officials discussed military strikes in Yemen, calling the case "closed.
The White House doubled down Wednesday on its insistence that its top national security officials did nothing wrong when they discussed a pending military strike in Yemen over a commercial messaging app known as Signal.